Well being and sleep
Many of us lead a life at full speed and rarely take the time to stop. This is not without consequences for the quality of our sleep and, ultimately, for our health.
Any healthy lifestyle starts with your own well-being
This is why, what we offer in our articles, is to return to the basics:
By browsing our “Well-being” articles you can:
- find out how the quality of your sleep affects your daily well-being and find solutions to improve it;
- understand the keys to how your brain works to support your quest for rest and relaxation based on proven facts and tools that work;
- inspire yourself with healthy routines to reconnect with a higher quality lifestyle and feel healthier.
All our “Well-being” articles
Does a human being really know how to “let go”?
Ayurvedic medicine and Chinese medicine: what lessons can we learn from alternative medicines for sleep?
Alternative medicine and sleep: what does science tell us?
Of French employees are anxious
are in a state of hyperstress
Relaxation: when our breathing influences our brain
For some, these exercises are tedious and difficult to perform. For others, they are a real support to relax … and even to sleep, lying on your mattress at night! Neuroscience is taking a close look at the link between our neural circuits and our breathing. Breathing would influence our brain activity, which would explain why deep breaths and a slow breath would help relieve stress and anxiety.
Well-being: three good habits to adopt
- Food: overly rich and unbalanced meals can be felt in the quality of your night. Sleeping better also involves nutrition and rather than repeat detox cures, favor a healthy diet over the long term.
- A little sport: we know that a sedentary life is not necessarily good for the metabolism. You are not forced to run a marathon, but playing a gentle sport, such as walking or yoga, once or twice a week in the late afternoon can help improve your sleep.
- Time for yourself: if you do not have the time and the means for a Zen retreat or a thalassotherapy stay, read a good book, meditate for a few minutes a day or find some of these little things of everyday life which contribute to our happiness helps to get back to basics. And when you feel better about yourself, you sleep better.
Our modern rhythms make us lead a busy life. To enjoy it for a long time, let’s take care of ourselves!